Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TEA CUP TUESDAY





Today I am sharing with you a tea cup and saucer that is very special for this time of year. About 12 years ago, my husband and I were in an Antique Mall and it was getting close to my Birthday and I spotted a set of dishes that reminded me of my Grandmothers dishes. It was not a complete set, but the price was right and I loved the brown and green color, so for my Birthday my husband bought me the set. When I got home I did a little research on them and found out that they still make this china, so I was able to complete the set a service for 12. They are Johnson Brothers, which are made in England and the name of it is The Friendly Village. I use this china just for Thanksgiving each year, I have amber stem wear and glasses, so it makes for a very beautiful table with very fall like colors. I will be getting this china out on Thursday and washing it by hand and setting a very pretty table. Thank you Martha and Terri for hosting Tea Cup Tuesday. You can click the button on my side bar to see everyone's cup and saucers for today. I want to thank everyone for visiting me today and wish you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Terri

9 comments:

Bookie said...

Oh, such a seasonal set and I would love to eat off a table with these dishes. I think they could do right into Christmas, but maybe you have a Christmas set too!

Unknown said...

Hi Terri,
I knew when I saw your picture you were sharing Johnson Brother china! Along with Sandi I collect their Rose Chintz Pattern. Its a beautiful pattern that you have and how neat to use it this time of the year!
Happy Tea!
Lorena

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, I REALLY love this china, Terri! So homey and warm!

Wishing you the happiest of Thanksgivings!

Julie

Terri said...

I do love this set, what a beautiful birthday present. I am sure your Thanksgiving table looks incredible. I hope you have a lovely holiday with your family.
Hugs,
Terri

Kris Dickinson said...

This set is wonderful and so perfect for this week! Happy Thanksgiving Terri!

debi said...

Oh, they make me think of the song, 'over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house we go'. I love them!
What a perfect set for the holidays!

Rella said...

What a stunning and special Thanksgiving table you will have. This is a gorgeous pattern and just makes me smile.

xox Rella

mo said...

Hi Terri,

Just stopping by to let you know I finally posted about my winning teacup. It is just breathtaking. Please take a look when you get the chance. http://rosepetalsfromheaven.blogspot.com

*hugs*

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Your Friendly Village is beautiful, very unique with the wonderful colors. You have some very talented friends, your blog is full of wonderful things to look at. Wonderful to have found you through Teacup Tues. Blessings, Lisa